TypicalCity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAVOURITE EVER CITY GAME

+6
bluemaiden74
Pride In Battle
azdzology
Vince The Prince
YungJoshiiMcFc
djelanomcfc
10 posters

Go down

FAVOURITE EVER CITY GAME Empty FAVOURITE EVER CITY GAME

Post by djelanomcfc Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Alright this topic is all about your favourite City game. I have 2 joint favourites, the playoff Final in 1999 agaisnt Gillingham and the FA Cup 4th round game against the spuds. Both were incredible comebacks and i'll always remember them. Over to you for yours.
djelanomcfc
djelanomcfc
ITK
ITK

Registration date : 2009-01-23
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

FAVOURITE EVER CITY GAME Empty Re: FAVOURITE EVER CITY GAME

Post by YungJoshiiMcFc Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:44 pm

only being 17, and only got my sense right at 9, my favourtie match(s) had to be Spurs in the FA Cup. Coming back from 3-0 down was tear jerking. And the second obviosuly is at the Swamp 2-1. Never forget that day. I remember Vas scored and I screamed and made my niece cry haha ..
YungJoshiiMcFc
YungJoshiiMcFc
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Registration date : 2008-09-25
Number of posts : 168

http://typicalcity.heavenforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince The Prince Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Was lucky enough to see the 10-1, the 5-1, the 2-1 at OT, the 4-3 at Spurs and the Gillingham game. I have three real favourites in no particular order though for different reasons

My first was a 3-0 home win v AC Milan where my mum took me and a couple of 'rag' mates (brothers)on a coach from Macclesfield. The game was superb but the two brothers have been blue from that day and their old man gives me some good natured stick every time I see him for 'ruining' his sons lives.

The second was a 2-1 FA Cup win at QPR in the early 90's. I got hammered on Guiness before the game and have only vague memories of the game but I was on MOTD celebrating both goals like a loony (Scorers Vonk and White). I've still got the game on VHS and it still fills me with total embarrassment and immense pride at the same time when I watch it.

The 3rd was this season in Gelsenkirchen. I stayed for 4 days and loved every bit of it, the atmosphere, the good natured craic with the Schalke fans, the Blues in every bar I went into but especially beating a recognised European team on their own turf. Something I felt like I'd waited a lifetime to see and something I want to experience again soon. Istanbul we are coming!

Vince The Prince

Location : Congleton, Cheshire - Originally Fallowfield, Manchester M14
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by azdzology Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:26 pm

I'd say the Pompey 6 - 0 earlier this season was mine. Everything was perfect. The weather, the football, the scoreline.

Love it!
azdzology
azdzology

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

FAVOURITE EVER CITY GAME Empty MCFC v Birmingham

Post by Pride In Battle Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:18 am

1-0 at Maine rd, Big fat Bob scored the winner and Nicky Weaver was brilliant in that game, such an important result and we were on the pitch after (only time i have got on). Watching from the back of the Platt Lane as 1000's of fans ran on i could'nt resist, still got a piece of turf from the day. Alan Brazil was gutted we won, we pipped his beloved Ipswich to the second promotion place. Joe Royle deserves so much credit for that season and bringing us back from the dead, he always credits the fans for keeping the faith......True Legend Big Joe.

Pride In Battle

Registration date : 2009-01-21
Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemaiden74 Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:22 am

Very Happy for me ts beating the scum at the swamp last season,dont think i,ve ever been so happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bluemaiden74
bluemaiden74

Registration date : 2009-01-24
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

FAVOURITE EVER CITY GAME Empty favourite ever city game

Post by nijmegenblue Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:05 am

1976 wembley win.tuearts overhead kick.i was 12 yrs old,packed stadium,great day.we will return

nijmegenblue

Registration date : 2009-01-24
Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by marshy8460 Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:19 pm

djelanomcfc wrote:Alright this topic is all about your favourite City game. I have 2 joint favourites, the playoff Final in 1999 agaisnt Gillingham and the FA Cup 4th round game against the spuds. Both were incredible comebacks and i'll always remember them. Over to you for yours.
deffo against spurs 4-3

marshy8460

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by marshy8460 Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:21 pm

anyone remember the 10-1 hudersfield 3 hatricks

marshy8460

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoonWalker Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 am

It has to be the 4-3 FA cup game against spurs greatest FA cup comeback.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PkKzUUjER_4

Still makes me smile after watching it.
BlueMoonWalker
BlueMoonWalker

Registration date : 2009-01-17
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

FAVOURITE EVER CITY GAME Empty Scumbeating!!!

Post by swedenBluemoon Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:27 pm

for me ts beating the scum at the swamp last season,dont think i,ve ever been so happy

Couldn't agree with ya moore maiden! I'll never forget Benjji pointing att the reds after his gole....man it was quiet....surreal!! =)

swedenBluemoon

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down